Support for QIP and DFR/DFC Processes
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) Prospective Payment System or PPS includes an End Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) Quality Incentive Program (QIP) which pays facilities different amounts depending on the quality of care that they provide. The ESRD PPS includes the DFR, DFC, PSC and PSR.
QIP - Performance Score Reports and Certificates (PSRs and PSCs)
CMS administers the QIP to promote high-quality services in outpatient dialysis facilities treating patients with ESRD. Facilities that do not meet or exceed certain performance standards face a potential payment reduction.
ESRD NW16 Presentation on Understanding QIP for CY2020 VIDEO | SLIDES.
The CMS ESRD QIP System provides a portal for dialysis facility staff to access their PSRs and PSCs and participate in the annual preview period.
Facilities must have a Point of Contact established through the EIDM/QARM Registration process to be able to submit clarification questions and formal inquiries. Facilities can also apply through QARM to have access to the CMS ESRD QIP system as a facility viewer, who can download and review the PSR but cannot submit clarification questions and formal inquiries.
DialysisData.org - Dialysis Facility Reports and Dialysis Facility Compare (DFRs and DFC)
http://www.DialysisData.org is the secure website for a facility to access their Dialysis Facility Reports (DFRs) and Quarterly Dialysis Facility Compare (QDFC) Preview.
Access to this website is updated annually by each facility’s local Master Account Holder (MAH). Facilities can update their Master Account Holder by completing the NWRN change request form and returning to the Network. Updated MAH passwords are sent annually.
- Master Account Holder Change Request Form
- Instructions for Setting Up Accounts for the Corporate Office of Your Dialysis Organization
- Technical Instructions for Accessing the Dialysis Facility Reports (DFR) and Dialysis Facility Compare (DFC) Reports
Other Supporting Materials
- At a Glance: QIP 3.0.0 vs. DialysisData.org
- Understanding the NHSN Dialysis Event BSI SIR Measure
- Payment Year 2016 ESRD QIP Final Rule
- In-Center Hemodialysis Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems (ICH CAHPS): ICH CAHPS information and resources
- CMS.gov website: Five-Star Rating System
- NW Presentation - Understanding QIP CY2020
- NW QIP Tool: Depression Screening
- CMS ESRD QIP
- CMS ESRD QIP Q&A Tool
Page updated December 17, 2018